Thursday, August 25, 2011

OF CONNOISSEURS AND G7


The G7 alliance is like 41 flavours, there is something for every one. The question that comes to mind however is what your flavour is. When it comes to flavours, every body can be a connoisseur, but not every one can have the real taste.

Take my case for example, I love politics but I am not a politician. I can’t tell what exactly describes me. However, when it comes to politics, I like to see myself as more of an enthusiast because politics, especially the Kenyan one does not make for a good cocktail.

I was with a few friends the other day and something came up about the G7 alliance in our conversation. I have interesting friends you know, and they are good at picking my brain, (not literally of course).  We are largely cosmopolitan thanks to our upbringing and mind you some of us can’t speak our native languages fluently, *something we don’t boast about*. That alone might be the reason why we decided to take our time today and understand our G7 politicians.

Martin began the charge saying, “Hey Maboyz (Swahili for guys I mean sheng for guys) you will have to stop hii storo ya kujidai ati mnasupport mavijana. These guys are all old.”

“Wacha vako, they are not they are young don’t you know they dye their hair?” I joked.

“that wasn’t funny Wels (a slung for my name)” interjected Any, “ those guys are nowhere near young in fact most are way over forty I mean most were born earlier than 1971. Don’t you get it Obezeey (Obama) just turned 50 and that’s relatively young you know but hawa maboy they hide their miaka kwa magoti”

Perhaps you did not get that and just cursed what the h**l! Are they talking about? I will break it down for you. I will put it in palatable terms and more cognitively so that you can cipher what I learned on that day.

This is a team with an objective for the 2011. Their vision is to see that they form the next government and their mission is to ensure that they would rather die than see one Raila Amolo Odinga become president. Is it just me or do they sound corny!

I will explain.

The politics of the next election should be based on ideas and not individuals, the nation and not the nation’s tribes and above all the constitution that was promulgated. I love that word (promulgation) never knew it existed. Any way, back to the story; if you are considering being in this, you had better pick out where to try your taste buds because G7 apparently are seeking to unite all tribes.  They are so good at it that they have announced that they will unite and pick one of them. *why am I repeating what is already known?*

Take the likes of Wamalwa, they younger one, he is not known for any progress made or anything worth writing home. No insults here but his claim to fame is that he is a presidential aspirant. Even wikipedia has less than a page about him.

As for Ruto my blog on Ruto is a Reformist explains all his exceptional qualities.

Cyrus Jirongo, the young man who by 1978 was already in Mang’u, came out to be a chairman of AFC leopards in 1991 before joining politics in YK92 like his bossom buddy Ruto. Of course he was a RED during the campaign for the new constitution. If you did not know he points out fingers at the alleged non-tolerance in ODM but we all know that KADDU is his party and that he calls all the shots.

I never said that CJ was bad; I just meant that as a flavour he would add something interesting given that his claim to fame has largely been built on bad mouthing the non aggressive Musalia.

The most promising person whom I can’t comprehend what he is doing here is Uhuru. Did you know that he was the first Finance Minister to use social networks to ask for ideas on the budget in the whole world? Did you also know that the budget 2011/2012 was released in the ministry website long before it was read. Did you also know that it was under his ministry that Kenya got her first ESP (Economic Stimulus Package)?

Through the Ministry of Finance, Uhuru Kenyatta initiated an internal audit on all donor-funded projects and found that funds given to both KESSP and WKCDD had been misappropriated. Together with the relevant ministries, Uhuru Kenyatta directed that the related staff members be suspended.

In 2009, Uhuru Kenyatta directed that government Ministers, along with Assistant Ministers and Permanent Secretaries, should turn in their Mercedes-Benz government cars for Volkswagen Passats. In doing this he aimed not only to reduce government car costs to about two-thirds the price of a Mercedez-Benz but also to reduce the cost of running and maintaining these cars. This was famous with the public even though no one has shown reason for any under hand dealings in the issuance of the said order?

According to Uhuru, "Growing up in the Kenyatta household taught us many things. My father taught us to treat everyone fairly. He taught us the essence of justice and fairness, he told us to learn from history but not to live in history."

Now I was talking about flavours and Uhuru is definitely someone to watch out for.

There might be flowers such as NARC or oranges such as ODM but all in all you are a connoisseur so chose your flavour carefully.

I must admit however that I am having a hard time with mine what about you?